We know that there will be questions or concerns about how to become a dental assistant. Lost Pines Dental Assisting School wants to help prospective students find the answers that they are looking for. Whether you have dental assistant salary questions, or you are wondering what dental assistant requirements must be met before graduation, we can help. We have put together a comprehensive list of our most commonly asked questions. If we have not answered one or more of your important questions, please feel free to contact a representative! We want to help every student reach success.

How long is the program?

Each session is 10 weeks long.

How old do I have to be?

You must be 17 years or older to take this course.

Do I need any previous degrees?

To be eligible for the course, you must have obtained a High School Diploma or GED.

How long after I start school can I be hired?

After you complete the 10 week course and receive a Certificate of Completion, you are then ready to take the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners Dental Assistant exam. When you pass this exam and receive your state license, you are eligible to be hired. Click here for more information.

How many instructors are there per class?

There are one to four instructors per class.

What is a typical schedule?

Each class is 9:00 am-4:00 pm and consists of lab and lecture hours, quizzes, lecture tests, and lab tests.

How much is my full tuition?

The total cost for the program is $2499, however there are special promotions if payment is received by cash or check. There is also an option of paying $250/week for the length of the course. Inquire for more information.

Are there payment plans available?


$2,499 paid in full with CASH or CHECK- $1,999

Payment due in full at least one month prior to first day of classes


$2,499 –  $250 per week for 10 weeks.

Payment will be auto drafted each Friday (Credit or debit card will be required to be kept on file)

Will I only be able to assist a dentist?

No. Dental assisting offers multiple options. You can assist an orthodontist, hygienist, be a sterile tech, etc. The opportunities are endless!

Is there any career placement available?

We will assist you in creating a cover letter and resume. We will also provide you with a list of local area dentists, dental clinics, etc. Fortunately, will this program, you are offered 50 internship hours here in our office that will help you tremendously in your job search!

What certificates will I receive?

You will receive a Certificate of Completion from Lost Pines Dental Assisting once you have passed all areas of competencies. This will prepare you to take the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners Dental Assistant exam.

How do I apply?

To apply, you must come by our office for a tour of the facility, submit your application and registration/administration fee. At this point, you will be secured a spot in our program.

What is the average salary for a dental assistant?

Starting out as a dental assisting, the average pay is $9/hr to $10/hr. As you gain experience and skills, the average pay is anywhere from $10.50/hr to $20.50/hr.  Click here for more information.

When do classes start?

We hold classes several times throughout the year. Please contact us for more information on the next upcoming class!

How do I file a complaint?

Grievance Procedure:

The School Director will be available to discuss any problems or complaints brought forth by any student.  If the matter remains unresolved after conferring with the School Director, the following steps will be taken:

  • Submit a written description of the complaint to the School Director
  • Within ten days of the written complaint, the School Director will appoint a Review Board consisting of the School Director, the School Registrar, the Lead Clinical Instructor and two students.The School Director will serve as Chairman.
  • Within five days, the School Director will convene to discuss the problem and interview the complainant.
  • Within ten days of the meeting, the Board will render its decision.The Board’s decision is final.
  • If the student is not fully satisfied with the Board’s resolution of the complaint, he/she may choose to submit a grievance with the Texas Workforce Commission. The student must contact the Texas Workforce Commission for procedures in filing a complaint.

Texas Workforce Commission

Career Schools and Colleges, Room 226T
101 East 15th Street
Austin, TX   78778-0001